View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 12:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ40th View Post
NGK is the shiz. But when it comes to conductors of electricity iridium and platinum is crap. Usually that results in a lesser quality spark, which translates to a lame ignition. So just because a GT-R uses it, doesn't mean it's better or best. They're expensive BUT that is only because iridium is a poor conductor of electricity which means it does not heat up as much and does not need to be replaced often.

I personally do not recommend platinum or iridium if you're looking for performance.

If you don't care about performance and you want longevity of spark life then yes get iridium.

Do the research you'll see what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not agree with this statement. They have advantages, especially in a forced induction application. If you are NA, just replace them with the factory plugs (Denso) or NGK replacements.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote