View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 04:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bshields22
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Black 370Z-R
Bshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSS138 View Post
^^^ what Malko said. Yeah 2 mins is the benchmark for any car at ACS. Once you can do that you sort of "get it" so to say. Malko(eagle) and I have always been fairly close at all tracks, often times within a second of each other so it's been fun to progress with him. The only Z's currently running faster than either of us are actually 350's with aero(which makes a huge difference in which line you can carry through Turn 1 and 2). They are coming in at 1.52-1.54. The fastest time ever in by a 370 was paul dentice 1.53x from AE performance(paul walkers old company) Car was very light, well tuned, JRZ suspension and Paul D is a hell of a driver (and a really nice guy!)

I would expect a Z decently driven to do a sub 2:10 their first day at ACS(depending on experience etc) I think ACS was the third track day I ever did and can remember 2:10-2:12 oem everything and scared sh1tless. Our guys that have been running for like 1.5 years are starting to tap 2:05's. The 2 minute mark is a tough goal to hit. Once you are through it you are like, oh that's how you do it. I can easily see a 1.55 in my future-I'm sure Malko will be right next to me lol.

Ya i think my next visit can be touching 2:05. sub 2 min is hard in my opinion because i felt like i was driving the sh!t out of the Z and got 2:08
308 rwhp | 252 rwtq | Fast Intentions CBE 18" Res | Stillen Gen 3 CAI | EcuTek Tune | Stoptech Slotted Rotors and Sport Pads | KW V3 Coilovers | SPL Upper Control Arms & Lower Rear Arms | Seibon CF TS Hood | Vossen CVT | SPC Toe bolts
Bshields22 is offline   Reply With Quote