View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 01:51 PM   #1614 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Ricer, In your above example of the Miata, yes it still has a manual trans but that's because they're using the same trans as always. No need to retool the factory to do this, kind of like the current Z, keeping the manual trans adds no additional cost to keep it in the line up.

Regarding the BRZ, that's not a singular trans for a singular vehicle. FRS also uses it and I'm sure it came from some other Subaru model.

As Chuck has also mentioned above, the Z is in a very small market. Then add to the fact that the manual trans driver is a niche buyer in this small market, and it won't make sense to build it, especially for a $$ guy like Carlos Ghosn.

Also keep in mind, Nissan's ultimate sports car, the GTR came out with no manual trans. While I would love to be wrong and have Nissan come out with a 400hp manual trans Z. I'm not going to hold out for this.
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote