View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #34 (permalink)
Kyle@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Kyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt5897 View Post
Kyle and Stillen,

Thank you guys for stepping up to the plate and into making us a front bumper. I do have a few constructive critiques on the design. One of the things that drives me from the kit is the lack of body line "flow" the side scoops are very geometrical on a very rounded body. This is unpleasing to the eye to me and some others. I would like to see the center section where the crash bar is come forward and be flush with the rest of the bumper. I would also like to see the bumper a little lower or closer to the ground in regards to the side skirts. The side scoops I feel should follow the lines of the headlights and should have a smooth transition back into the bumper with less hard lines.

Best of luck and I cant wait to see the final product.
Thanks for the input Bullitt!

If you don't mind, I just want to answer some of your design input and say that they are all good ideas however some of them don't work due to functionality.

For example, that crash beam. While it's not the most ideal and in all honesty we were trying everything we could to get around it, we needed to keep that design element in place to allow access to the Gen. 3 velocity ram design. There is a cut out just below the nose of the bumper that uses the shape of the crash beam to direct airflow straight into the Gen. 3 intakes and future intake/intercooler configurations for superchargers later on.

I will definitely mention your ideas on the relationship of the scoop to the headlight though. I know what you mean however I think the blue (bondo) is just throwing off the eye as I'm pretty sure they are already parallel.

I will also mention to our designer's that the bumper might need to be a little lower since there have been more than a couple people expressing concern with this.

One thing to keep in mind too is that this car has not been lowered. As soon as we lower it that will change a lot!
Kyle@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote