View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 02:53 PM   #187 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RequiemZ View Post
... The total cost for me was 750 CAN, judging by the amount of materials i used (minus the detail spray and cloths) i would say it will easily last me along time. So the amount of money seems large but for me was worth it.
This is extremely important. A lot of people think that they are going to have to keep spending large amounts of money to maintain their car. The first time that you do this, you have that initial cost. But like you said, when you see how little of the supplies you end up using, you will quickly realize that you will have enough product to last you for quite a while. The things that you end up constantly buying (depending on how often you wash your car), are the car wash soap (I use Gary Dean's) and the foam gun soap (I use DP's Xtreme Foam Formula). Everything else is going to last you for a while if you are using what I use and doing it the way I do. I wash my car 2-3 times a week so that's why I go through so much soap.

It looks as if you paid close attention to those videos. I wish that I could see your car in person. I could then evaluate whether or not those small remaining scratches could come out. My wet sanding videos show how to remove them if they can but it is ALWAYS safe to live with them. Most people wouldn't notice them any way. Most people don't even notice their swirls!

Good job on the paint man. If I had a Z, black cherry would definitely be the color that I would have.