View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 09:42 AM   #184 (permalink)
RequiemZ
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Black Cherry
RequiemZ is on a distinguished road
Default Results

So a quick overview of the products. I wasn't able to get some of the exact supplies suggested by Junkman so i had to supplement with what i could find. The only thing i didnt different was when misting the pad to use the polish remaining after the first pass, i used water and for M105 i used 2 sprays and for M205 i used 1 Spray. This seemed to keep the pad moist enough and not clog the pores. Detail spray for me clogged the pad up quickly.

Things i bought but haven't used yet: Quality Wash mitts, Foam gun + Foam

Porter cable 7472
- Great unit worked perfect for what i needed it to do. It will last me for quite some time.
Hexlogic Pads (Orange and White)
- Worked very well and using the technique of polish amount and misting inbetween passes i was able to stretch the polish a very long ways. Washing was easy and they cleaned right up nicely.
M105
- Very impressed, was able to remove 2000grit sanding blemishes with ease. Removed 80% of all the damage within one pass on my paint.
M205
- I didnt think i would notice a difference with using this after M105 but man yes it brings out a crazy shine
Chemical Guys Medium Clay + Lubricant
- Worked very well and got all the matted debris off the clear. The lubricant smells great. The medium level did cause micro marring but M105 took that away with ease.
Chemical Guys Premium Microfiber cloths
- Didn't know what to expect with these, i got 12 total. They are great value for the money and don't scratch the paint. They do have a tag so i always folded it to cover the tag so it didn't scratch the clear.
Chemical Guys Waffle Weave Cloths
- Very useful for the liquids and very absorbent. I only got 2 of them and should of got more.
Mequiars Quik Detail Spray
- I used this to help remove the polish so it wouldn't dry up and dust on me. I alternated between a wet microfiber cloth for removing the majority of the polish and then a dry for wiping of the tiny remaining polish.
Chemical Guys 5050 Wax
- Awesome wax, great smell, easy application, great beading. Will definitely use this again.

All in all i was happy with the results and the components i bought to do this. This was my first time really detailing and doing a paint correction on a car and the videos and tips the Junkman gives are excellent. My car looks better then when i bought it. It is a night and day difference. I did it all over one weekend, it took me over 15 hours from start to finish. 3 hours clay, 6 hours M105, 4 Hours M205, 2 Hours misc cleaning ect. The paint isn't 'perfect' but 90% of all the damage is gone, for some of the deeper scratches i didnt want to take more clear off to get a tiny scratch gone when i risk taking too much clear off. The reflective S picture shows the small scratches that i decided to live with.

Pictures!

EDIT: Added a close up pic of the paint.

Last edited by RequiemZ; 02-29-2016 at 11:36 AM.
RequiemZ is offline   Reply With Quote