View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 07:41 AM   #177 (permalink)
Total D
Base Member

Drives: 03 Nissan 350z PPW M
Total D has a reputation beyond reputeTotal D has a reputation beyond reputeTotal D has a reputation beyond reputeTotal D has a reputation beyond reputeTotal D has a reputation beyond reputeTotal D has a reputation beyond reputeTotal D has a reputation beyond reputeTotal D has a reputation beyond reputeTotal D has a reputation beyond reputeTotal D has a reputation beyond reputeTotal D has a reputation beyond repute

On the DE/revup, a stock pump only held 3" of vaccum. This out of the box, never opened. After modifying the pump, just the pump, we were able to hold around 18-20" of vaccum. That's a 600% increase of stock. Along with the other mods we do, there was an increase of flow for about 8-10 %, all this helping with cavatation at higher rpms.

The gears, the only thing different is the material and another process we use to make the gears stronger. While I haven't tested the VHR yet, I don't see why we cant replicate what we did with the DE. I hate to put it like this, but you can buy a nismo, know that they fail, and be out of pocket $1400. If not, you can go with our pump, save money and at least get the same performance if not better, and have billet gears and a billet back plate. We are using a Nismo pump as our base, to make this an even closer comparison, not just a regular VHR pump.
Total D is offline   Reply With Quote