View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 02:40 PM   #39 (permalink)
nismo13807
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
nismo13807 has a reputation beyond reputenismo13807 has a reputation beyond reputenismo13807 has a reputation beyond reputenismo13807 has a reputation beyond reputenismo13807 has a reputation beyond reputenismo13807 has a reputation beyond reputenismo13807 has a reputation beyond reputenismo13807 has a reputation beyond reputenismo13807 has a reputation beyond reputenismo13807 has a reputation beyond reputenismo13807 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pinchy View Post
Just curious. Why do you want to drive $1600++ worth of high end components with a $100 amplifier? This amplifier won't drive these speakers to their full potential. Maybe look at the specifications of this amplifier and compare it to a high end unit that would complement your excellent choices of speakers and head unit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
The 165k's are $600. the isc100's are $150. That's $750, not $1600++ unless you're using common core. lol. but seriously;
The 165kr are rated at 80w rms, the isc100 at 40w rms. The amp is rated at 100w rms, more than enough to drive these speakers to their potential and beyond. If the OP were interested in, say, competing in Iasca or Meca, I would recommend something else.
Costs more doesn't mean sounds better. Something I learned a looong time ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pinchy View Post
Don't know what you mean by "common core" but I was using full retail for both sets of speakers and head unit. So your saying an amplifier with a higher Signal to Noise Ratio and Lower Total Harmonic Distortion won't sound better than the Soundstream with the Focals? If that was the case, in your opinion, why not spend a lot less on the speakers too since they will sound the same as expensive ones, or is that just amplifiers? I just wouldn't spend all that money on audio then go cheap on the amplifier.
I am not trying to cheap out on the amp... I never gave a budget price on how much to spend on it, but of course nothing too outrageous like a 2k+ amp lol..
like I said in the earlier post.. i am below average when it comes to audio even after reading the sticky on audio 101 from Big haha
that is why i created this thread and ask for suggestions.. just need a good amp that can power these speakers up and bring out what these speakers can do.
nismo13807 is offline   Reply With Quote