View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 07:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
JDubya
Base Member

Drives: '14 Mid. Blue 6MT
JDubya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
All of those articles are 6 months or older than my article.
And it's all jalopnik sourced. Jalopnik ALWAYS writes negativity when it comes to Nissan. I'm goi g to check other sources and see what I dig up.
All of the Jalopnik articles have sources. It doesn't matter how old the Jalopnik articles are when they have actual information from Nissan and represent the most recent times Nissan has commented on the development of the car. Just because some phony website compiles a bunch of old data and writes a "new" article doesn't mean it invalidates older articles that represent the most relevant comments from the actual manufacturer. Also, if you read the Jalopnik articles, they aren't posting negatively about the car at all. They openly praise the car and have stated on multiple occasions that they want the IDx to be made. Irregardless, whether or not they have a history of being negative on Nissan has nothing to do with them posting facts backed by sources.

The website you linked is not affiliated with Nissan in any way. Nor does it post any new information about the car. It's an article from 11/15 that contains compiled information about the car that has been known for approximately two years now. It doesn't contain any sourced information from Nissan or validated comments about the production of the car. Frankly, the website you linked is not reputable in any way at all. Look at the URL of the website. Look at the articles. It's a bunch of compiled information about concepts that you can find anywhere. They simply slapped a model date on the car for fun. They mention "insider sources" referencing a 2018 model year car without actually naming any sources (because they have none--it's not a real news outlet). While our opinions on Jalopnik may differ (which is OK), they're a much more reputable source than the website you linked, and the articles prove that.

The car isn't being made, period. There are no reputable sources (Nissan) that confirm anything other than the car has been shelved. If you're able to find a real source that says this car is being made for the 2018 MY, I'll be the first to eat crow and apologize to you. I just don't think that is likely.

Last edited by JDubya; 02-21-2016 at 07:38 PM.
JDubya is offline   Reply With Quote