View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 10:55 AM   #655 (permalink)
JDubya
Base Member

Drives: '14 Mid. Blue 6MT
JDubya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I gotta say, the Camaro is the ultimate package and for the first time in a very very long time. A car is getting the praise it deserves.

From what I can gather. Don't get the dual mode option. Go aftermarket. Dual mode is normal v8 tone at its loudest.
Having heard it in person, I thought it was noticeably louder than a normal V8 tone when the valves were open--on par with some aftermarket exhausts. Still a bit quiet for my tastes and certainly quieter than some of the more aggressive aftermarket options I'd heard for the 5th gen (and what little I've seen from some 6th gen stuff).

A few of the aftermarket companies (Borla, for example) are making a dual-mode option for the Camaro, so it may be worth picking it up as an option if you really desire that functionality (don't want to anger neighbors/passengers, whatever). From what I understand, adding the dual-mode functionality outside of the factory is not the most cost-effective thing to do.

Unrelated to the above, but the rest of the thread: I'm really curious if the 1LE keeps up with the entry level vette, or is even close. This could end up being a whole lot of car for the money (more than I originally thought).
JDubya is offline   Reply With Quote