View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 02:18 PM   #49 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ40th View Post
Alternatively I'd strongly suggest heading over to your local lube shop and asking for a fuel system flush . They plug the cleaning agent straight to the injectors and ti. The car for 15-20 mins for it to clean and voila. That's probably your safest and best bet. Other wise the additives to the fuel tank can mess or clog your fuel filter and you'll have issues with that as I am at the moment for using the Z MAX cleaners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IIRC, the Z doesn't have an inline fuel filter, the only one is the strainer on the fuel pump. FWIW, I run the small bottle of Lucas with every tank and a bottle of SeaFoam at every oil change. I started doing this with my Malibu, (it also had no inline fuel filter) and up until I sold the Malibu, I'd get a consistent 30+ mpg on the highway out of the V6, even at 150k miles. Just my