View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
motoextreme
Track Member

Drives: Nismo NO MODS!
motoextreme has a reputation beyond reputemotoextreme has a reputation beyond reputemotoextreme has a reputation beyond reputemotoextreme has a reputation beyond reputemotoextreme has a reputation beyond reputemotoextreme has a reputation beyond reputemotoextreme has a reputation beyond reputemotoextreme has a reputation beyond reputemotoextreme has a reputation beyond reputemotoextreme has a reputation beyond reputemotoextreme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Datsun Roadster 1600...To build or not to build

First, don't think I only run with Datsun/Nissans but my 370Z is going great and I've wanted to build a classic car for a while. Before you throw out ideas, hear me out for a sec...

Old Cobra's are great but I'm not a big kit car fan and can't afford the real thing. Really dig old Aston's but WAY too pricey. An Old SL would be fun but please dont be offended, seems to have a different following then what I'm shooting for. Camaro...done that, Cuda's are too pricey and too big. Mustangs, had 5 classics already and shock tower BS is more then I want to deal with again. 240's, 260s and 280's are all cool but I lwant something a little diffferent, so..old Roadsters....???

Here's why...I was 14.5 Years old, scrubbing floors at a nissan Dealer back in the mid 80's and helping mechanics. I was saving up to come to CA on my own (and did at 16). Anyway, two of our mechanics had old Roadsters and they were SWEET! Now I'm thinking it would be fun to build one.

There's a sweet one on Ebay right now for around 8K.

Anyway, anyone know anything about them? I'm 6'4, would I even fit in it? Ever heard of someone popping in a little bigger motor? Any major drawbacks to these cars other then the HP and size?

Need something to mess around with outside of my 370.

Any thoughts??