View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 07:35 PM   #2682 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leingod View Post
And you're definately not wrong. MY generation has so many scummy pathetic kids thinking they're entitled to a brand new GTR when they turn 16 and a trust fund.

At the same time, it was far easier for you, my dad, etc back when you guys were my age to have a better income. Nobody needed a bachelors degree to make enough to buy a house. Kids today are lucky to work at burger kind with an associates because so many of us have no experience for the jobs we need. The fact that my dad could buy a brand new Mustang when he turned 18 working part time at a steel mill speaks volumes. I was working full time at a lawfirm when I turned 18 and could barely afford a used Cobalt SS.

Kids these days don't know what it means to work ahrd. Hell, I probably don't know what it means to work hard still. But it's also a lot tougher to get ahead in life with crippling debt for college degree that's 99% needed to get anything technical. Trade schools just don't exist like they use to.
iI worked all the way through earning my bachelor's degree and it was in this time of my life I learned how to function on 3 hours of sleep per night. It was not easy.

I compare this to my two sons who only worked when they were in school because they wanted to, not because they had to. I fully supported them in their educational pursuits and even though it was automotive, it was amazingly expensive.

I had it far more difficult than they did (and do) but at least I have ready access to 2 ASE Masters with a shop and a true passion for cars, especially Z's.