View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 05:24 PM   #1520 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
So to bring you up to speed, the current Altima weighs around 3,450 lbs.
That grip concept is a pipe dream. The Juke is a FWD and AWD platform, not RWD. FWD weighs less because the drive wheels are right next to the engine. So I'm not being far fetched at all. You're quoting the 1.6L FWD Juke, not the AWD. the AWD weighs as much as a base Z.

The Z already starts at $30k for a stripper of a car. You're looking at $36, for a sport tech and touring models. Nismos and convertibles are the only overpriced models. I think everyone here would be happy paying Nismo money for 400hp. They won't like paying $60k unless the car starts eating vettes again, and that will require more than 400hp. And for the record, brand new Vettes weigh as much as the Z. You'd think they would try and drop the weight of those a lot more if they could? That's a $55,000 car.

Second piece you fail to realize is that to make a stiff structure, that adds weight. With new crash test requirements, clever engineering will need to be done to maintain similar chassis weight or even less.

You also fail to realize that bigger brakes weigh more, bigger wheels weigh more, a larger radiator, additional cooling, beefier clutch, transmission, thicker roll bars, the turbos, the strut bar (front and inverted rear), and all the little luxury features people are asking for.

I'm comfortable with the 3200 number. It definitely won't be 3,100lbs. The car is already using aluminum body panels, carbon driveshaft, forged wheels, aluminum suspension bits, undersized the radiator, crap oil cooler, and the wheelbase is only 100". There isn't a lot left to take off without spending a lot of money for magnesium and carbon.
ALTIMA IS 3,212 LBS IN 2016 at entry. U might wanna recheck that I'm speaking 2,900 lbs starting weight.
That's why I believe it will start at 2,900lbs. Based on the fact the grip Z is AWD, has a shyt load of electronics,n batteries n whatnot has a sport car chassis, and RWD biased. If all that is prevalent.

I'm going to subtract electronics and AWD, add RWD. Subtract the long suspension parts for short ones, subtract the extra doors and replace some weight with chassis reinforcement and heavier building materials..

So it's like saying 2,500lbs - 200 + 500/600= ?

Simple mathematics.

I can definitely see the Z being about 500lbs heavier than an ALFA ROMEO 4C and playing in that field than playing in the field of camaro and mustang. But that's me.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 02-18-2016 at 05:43 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote