View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 03:29 PM   #2460 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
I am by no means rich. What I do have I have earned with little to no help from anyone and it is through my hard work over the course of my life that I have been able to attain what I have and what I am able to provide to others.

My issue with what seems to be the current mentality is this whole "you owe me" attitude. You (I do not mean you specifically, Mr. Lein) want it? Earn it. Don't ask society and those who contribute to give it to you.
And you're definately not wrong. MY generation has so many scummy pathetic kids thinking they're entitled to a brand new GTR when they turn 16 and a trust fund.

At the same time, it was far easier for you, my dad, etc back when you guys were my age to have a better income. Nobody needed a bachelors degree to make enough to buy a house. Kids today are lucky to work at burger kind with an associates because so many of us have no experience for the jobs we need. The fact that my dad could buy a brand new Mustang when he turned 18 working part time at a steel mill speaks volumes. I was working full time at a lawfirm when I turned 18 and could barely afford a used Cobalt SS.

Kids these days don't know what it means to work ahrd. Hell, I probably don't know what it means to work hard still. But it's also a lot tougher to get ahead in life with crippling debt for college degree that's 99% needed to get anything technical. Trade schools just don't exist like they use to.