View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 08:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenf5 View Post
... 1. I was sold a maintenance package that includes tire rotation - my car's tire cannot be rotated as they are different sizes - back tires are not the same size as front tires.
Not unusual on a sports/sporty car.

Quote:
... the car has been having problems with the driver's side window not rolling down when its cold outside. I find it hard to believe that a car should not be driven in the winter time...yes its a sports car and I don't drive it when snow is on the ground...but even when there is no snow the window doesn't want to work properly and the car has a strange crunch sound when driving first thing off in the morning - cold weather only. He stated that is just how this car is.
That is not "just how this car is." You are under warranty, make 'em fix it. If they give you any static, contact Nissan or go to another dealer.

Quote:
...if it's true that the car should not be driven in cold weather below freezing, then this is something I believe should be told to potential buyers
It's a light car with wide, soft tires. Not really made for high-speed driving on wet or icy roads. If you want to drive in the snow/ice, get a 4WD truck.

Quote:
He stated that I will purchase new tires every 12,000 miles because they cannot be rotated.
The fact that the tires cannot be rotate doesn't have as much to do with tire longevity as does the fact that the factory supplies tires with a fairly soft compound - just like most sports cars have.

Quote:
I wish I was informed of these issues/quirks before buying the car..
It's a sports car; what did you expect? The 370Z is not what I would call a Practical Vehicle - it's a bit on the expensive side to purchase, maintenance ain't cheap, and there's not a back seat.

Quote:
I still love the car but maybe I should have done more homework before purchasing
Yep.