View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 01:59 PM   #86 (permalink)
cosgrc
Base Member

Drives: 1999 Honda Civic Si
cosgrc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
From your post in another thread: Advice wanted: Yanking the OEM Bose unit for something better?

Quote:
Finally someone to relate to lol. Ya I have had my civic apart at least 6 times upgrading amps, subs. and speakers, even head units. But ya if you do it all yourself you are going to save a lot. Just remember to take your time and do not rush.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosgrc View Post
I agree, doing it yourself can save big $$$$. I had done car stereo installations for years; it always killed me to see people put as much money if not more into installation (custom installations...some not that involved). The last time I did my system in my car it was apart for mor than 4 months. Had to decide what to go with, figured I could deaden the car during this time. I ended up going with Alpine head unit/processor/dvd changer, Audison for amps, and Focal for speakers. Bottom line, think it out and take your time!
Quote:
You should never take your car apart until you have everything.
I will give you props for your knowledge when it comes to car stereo; you seem to know your stuff, but I think your definition of " do not rush" when it comes to installation must be way different than mine.
cosgrc is offline   Reply With Quote