Thread: Car Shaking
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 08:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
mishuko
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Z
mishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
The fact that the symptoms keep returning lead me to believe it is a problem with some kind of buildup on the rotor face(s). The leaking caliper may be allowing fluid onto the face (the caliper has been leaking for a LONG time if this is the case). Maybe the way you use the brakes is causing a quick buildup of pad material.

Most of the other suggestions I've seen in this thread would be immediately apparent and not take a while to show up.

YMMV
sounds plausabile with a leak causing quicker deposit build up.

I think this is your rotor... resurfacing sports rotors aren't the best idea since the problem is usually going to come back.

there was another thread a few weeks back where Jar gave a good run down on what to or not do.

tl/dr/can't find -> brake more evenly, don't press too hard when at a stand still, don't drive through puddles intentionally (hot rotors + cold water = bad)

btw I had a similar vibration in the pedal/wheel but only between 60 to 50. it would disappear in low speed scenario's. swapped the rotors and pads.
mishuko is offline   Reply With Quote