Thread: Car Shaking
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 03:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

A few things to check:
1) Tire balance
2) Proper torque on the lug nuts
3) Calipers hanging up
4) Rubber hoses collapsing
5) Wheel bearings

Given the mileage on your car, I kind of doubt #3, 4 & 5 are causing you problems, however, anything is possible. It really only leaves 1 & 2 as possible issues. Here's what I know for sure about brakes and turning rotors... a fundamentally bad idea. Most places turn them down to minimums and first time you have to stand on the brakes, they warp and are NFG. Since you have replaced the rotors and pads, it is possible you got a bad rotor but it would have shown up right away. That really leaves lug nuts and did they get the wheels put back on right. I have heard that some of the pre 2012 models have a pin in the front hub that has to be lined up with the appropriate hole in the wheel before mounting. I don't recall if mine has that or not, but it bears looking into. GL