View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 01:45 PM   #1461 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay.zee View Post
I really hate to sound so negative but the bottomline is a Nissan 370Z cannot compete in the USA. i would say its pretty much over. Anyways im not going to post in this thread anymore until Nissan officially releases a statement that they are even going to release a new Z. If they do which i highly highly doubt im thinking 2019,2020?

Nothing wrong with dreaming and hoping though so keep at it.

COMPETE??????????

The Z doesn't try to compete against any car as there are NO CARS TO TRULY COMPETE in that way.... It needs to be quality, feature rich with compelling performance for the NICHE MARKET not the mass market.

It's a budget Cayman/Vette alternative for those who can't afford them. The Solstice is no more as is the Rx8. What the Z has to do is make a package SO compelling it will make people want to own a piece of Nissan heritage.

That said, the goal should be 12,000 units worldwide.
Performance sells in this market but convenience needs to have some precedence.

Lightweight and hydraulic steering to murder the feedback game.

Engine options and price range competitor 400lbs lighter the camaro v6.

250HP FRS killer at $26k 2800lbs

300HP camaro v6 competitor /2,900lbs

400HP camaro SS killer/ 2,900lbs

Nismo Porsche GT4 killer/ 3,050lbs (body bracing and wider wheels.)

Grip Z is 2500lbs with a 4 banger and AWD so it can be done.

The appeal for such a such a car will steal Vette sales...

We did it in 89, we can do it again.