Thread: Walking Dead
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 11:11 AM   #999 (permalink)
The Dimer
Track Member

Drives: 2010 PW 370z
The Dimer has a spectacular aura aboutThe Dimer has a spectacular aura about

I enjoyed last night's episode for the most part. The moment with the Saviors on the road was good. I enjoyed the leaders character a lot and the interactions with Sasha and Abraham worked for me. I liked that Sasha was done being afraid and tried to stand up to them, but the Abraham has the foresight to reel her back in and play it smart. I do agree that Daryl overpowering one of them behind the truck completely unnoticed doesn't seem very likely.

When the episode didn't open with Sam immediately getting eaten for trying to get his mom's attention at the end of the prior episode I was a little disappointed, but we got what we wanted in the end. Watching Jessie and Sam get eaten was the perfect motivation to finally push Ron to his breaking point, since he had always accused Rick of getting people killed, and I loved that Michonne just said "We don't have time for this ****!" when he pulled the gun on Rick/Carl. I'm so happy they decided to incorporate Carl getting his eye shot out into the show.

Speaking of getting pushed over the edge, the look on Rick's face when Jesse died and seeing what he thought might be his future disappear before his eyes. He got Carl to the help he needed and then went Tyreese on herd of walkers.

It was nice to see the not only the original group coming together to make a stand, but to finally see the Alexandrians join in a pull their weight. Even Gabriel got in on the action! I will concede that Glenn's plot armor was showing in some major ways this episode, and I think he's going to continue to be safe for quite awhile now. I can't see them killing him off now because they already "killed" him and brought him back. Killing him for real wouldn't have nearly as much of an impact on the audience next time around. That being said, I now fear for Daryl's longevity on the show.

The Carol/Tyreese/Wolf story line was a little boring, but it didn't get in the way of the main story too much and it did ultimately end up getting back to the infirmary to help Carl. The only thing I really didn't like about this episode was the pacing. I'm tired of the scenes where all the sound disappears and we're forced to looked at a characters face as they go through some internal breakdown. It completely takes me out of the scene as I wait for them to get back to the action.

Overall, pretty damn good episode. Negan is going to be pissed about his men getting blown up and I feel like Daryl may be the one who pays the price for it.