View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 07:42 PM   #63 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
1.3 percent change in air quality estimated by the epa (so over estimated) by 2026 if this goes into effect. yeah if we were 10 or 20 percent of total air pollution then yeah it would make sense but cow **** is bigger part of greenhouse gas emissions than every racer car ever built.

this isnt air quality its the epa flexing its muscles. Automotive enthusiasts account for less than 3% of the population, thats why it is easy to hit us with legislation. And while a vehicle without cats may produce 100 times more polution there are 30 times less of them and they are actually driven half as much at best. hell full drag cars retire with like 50-100miles on them
You're right about the bovine methane emissions. We should enjoy our steaks while we still can legally (not kidding) but that's another discussion altogether.

Regardless of the fact there are far far fewer catless cars driving around, no one should be driving a vehicle (classics exempted) on public roads without emissions equipment. To me that is an indefensible position. Every little bit helps as far as clean air goes. My issue I take is that anyone amateur or pro who wants to convert a road car into a track only car that doesn't drive on public roads should be able to do what they want.

We should be honest here about aftermarket manufacturers selling off road parts with a wink and a smirk for the last few decades knowing that the vast majority of those parts sold end up on the street.