View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 12:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
krishdes
Base Member

Drives: '13 370z KAD M6
krishdes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismau808 View Post
That's great that it has worked out for you, but at the same time everyone will do their suspensions different, so he/she might want it lower and depending on how low; like no fender/wheel gap you'd more then likely need the adjustability of camber arms and toe bolts. I mean even with the swift springs most people need arms/bolts and that's only 1.2"/1" drop, some have gotten away without them, but for me I would still plan on arms/toe bolts if I went with swift springs.

But for the OP's question, he/she should really think and decide what they are trying to accomplish and properly budget from there. If their budget is total $1500 and they spend it all on a set of coilovers and realize they need camber arms/toe bolts they might have wasted time and money. Do they really need coilovers, will a set of swifts or other springs accomplish what they want? If they really want coilovers, what will suffice, if he/she is looking at Fortune or even HKS IV then in reality a set of BC BR with or even without swift springs, might be just fine and they would have extra money for other things. It really comes down to what they are trying accomplish and their true budget. But whichever way they chose, they should plan on arms/toe bolts and not chance the roll of the dice...tires are expensive, last thing i'd want to do is scrub tires, then have to buy new tires as well as camber/toe bolts. Just my .02
Thank you for the great advice and sorry for not being more specific. I have set aside the $1500 for specifically coilovers, setting a max limit on the amount I would like to spend on those alone. I do have additional funds for the camber arms/ additional parts. Maybe to be more clear, the drop would be at most to a 1-2 finger wheel gap and handling would be something decent for daily driving but still planted through turns when driving hard.
Also, I saw a forum member selling these, idk if you guys can also give me feedback on these compared to the ones you have mentioned
Proparts USA Koni Yellows