View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 09:40 AM   #634 (permalink)
JDubya
Base Member

Drives: '14 Mid. Blue 6MT
JDubya is on a distinguished road

So, what you've done here is single out one specific source that seems to fit your argument (it doesn't) and ignore the numerous other magazine publications' numbers that are testing the car. I hope to god you aren't a lawyer.

Let's see...using your own evidence against you. I think you watched that Hennessey video with the sound off. You'll notice the driver say "I had a bad launch, the surface wasn't prepped at all, the car has a bit more in it." Also, if you actually watch the video, you'll notice he's short shifting the car throughout almost every gear (and still gets better numbers than a Z ever will).

It's also funny how your original 0-150 times you posted from the Hennessey video are completely wrong. The car rolls out at 6 seconds, hits 150 at 31 seconds (you can do the math). All that with a poor launch. All I see are 370z's hitting 0-150 in the low/mid 30s (including your video).

The whole point in me linking the video for the 9 second Camaro was to show the potential of the car with very limited modifications. The 370z doesn't have (to my knowledge), an NA version of the car even close to those kind of numbers, especially with that limited amount of money put into it.

What is your counter-argument to that video? Oh i'll post a 350z RACE CAR with at least $100k dumped into it that runs a 6.56 1/4 mile. You may as well have posted a video of an AMS GTR and told us how much faster it is than the almost-stock Camaro. The only thing 350z about that car is that they decided to make the completely modified body look like a Z.

But you know what, I'll again entertain you by posting something equally as idiotic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChgDquG8GlA. Look, a completely different model year Camaro running into 5's! I sure showed you!

I really don't know what else to tell you at this point. Everyone with any actual knowledge of cars (or just the ability to read) knows that the 2016 Camaros (the V8 in particular) are just better cars than the 370z, from a performance perspective. For whatever reason, you refuse to see it. You're like a husband defending his wife even though he knows she's wrong. Yea, we get it--you love the Z (so do all of us), but sometimes you just have to be honest and tell someone when they're wrong.

As far as I'm concerned, if the Z wants to compete with this car, it's onto the Z35. I don't want to derail this thread, as there's already a lengthy thread on the Z35, but we can only hope Nissan gives us something great that can compete with the newest generation of these cars.

A bit more on topic, but I'll be interested to see what track numbers look like as they start to roll out (i.e., both cars' times on the same track).

Last edited by JDubya; 02-14-2016 at 09:58 AM.
JDubya is offline   Reply With Quote