View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 01:49 PM   #54 (permalink)
1slow370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: v8 74 260z ;)
1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismodean View Post
I don't know why you guys are even bothered with this, this will never pass. The industry is too f*cking large for something like this to happen! Do you think they'll shut down all the companies and make unemployment sky rocket?

IF they do their will ALWAYS be some schmuck who will take $50 and pass my car.
it has already been approved it doesn't have to PASS they are the f"ing EPA not congress bro. they hid it in a document about commercial vehicles in order to sneak it through, the period for public review ended in September it just isn't active yet. IT HAS PASSED fool it gets codified on July first with the yearly update to CFR section 40. Only an act from congress running contrary to it, direct action by the president to make the epa change its mind, or a victim of the new regulation bringing a long drawn out legal battle to the supreme court can do anything about it now.

edit: just to clarify it is a regulation not a law so no vote required but it carries the same weight also its not about a schmuck taking 50 bucks to pass your car, good luck getting a turbo kit if they start going after companies that i dunno create ecu software flash utilities like they are talking about doing.

if anyone wants to read how the epa can make regulations without anyone voting on them at all read thishttp://www.epa.gov/laws-regulations/...latory-process
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50

Last edited by 1slow370; 02-13-2016 at 01:56 PM.