View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 10:38 AM   #36 (permalink)
Navster
Base Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z anniv
Navster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABAM View Post
With out seeing your work it is hard to diagnose the issue. When scope22 was having issues he posted pics of his wiring job (in the DIY thread) and I was able to see that he had wired it incorrectly. Post some pictures of your wiring job. We might notice something that you missed. Also post a pic of the AC auto amp part number label. Same thing for the controls.

My best guess with the info you have provided is you might have a bad part. Most of the parts on eBay are salvaged from wreaked cars so buyer beware even if they claim the part to be functional. Testing the controls and AC Auto amp takes a higher level of knowledge and test equipment that most people don't have. If your wiring job is good, the only route would be to swap out the AC Auto Amp and controls with known good ones or test your parts in Non-Nav Z.
Thanks I will post pics. You can hear the ac heater go on at a slow speed with automatic climate control changes. Just can't adjust anything when you turn the knobs nothing happens. They do light up when lights go on. I had to rewire plug from scratch wondering if the resistance in the wires makes a big difference? Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0806.jpg (627.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0807.jpg (449.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0808.jpg (528.6 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by Navster; 02-13-2016 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Spelling
Navster is offline   Reply With Quote