View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 10:36 AM   #62 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the brace prevents the bracket from being flexed towards the front of the car, which causes the belt to slip limiting the boost.

In regards to the v1 upgrade. I still need to put one in mine to ensure it drops in without modification. I'm about 95% sure it is just a swap. However, you will need to add an oil pan spacer with a tap and run a return to it from the sc and also one to feed the sc from a y off the pressure sensor fitting. Not really hard to do and a shop could do it in a couple hours.

V1 flows up to 26psi vs our 22psi because they can be spun faster.

Another benefit of going v1 are the HD bearings. These are designed to handle high loads that cog belts make. Between the cogs and brace you would never get slip.

Now you can upgrade the v3 bearings but I do not have data on this and the bearings aren't cheap ($750 plus install) I can sell my v3 si unit for around $1250 as that's what they have sold for. I can get brand new v1 si units for $2100. So I'd rather do that than upgrade bearings.

Last edited by TopgunZ; 02-13-2016 at 10:43 AM.
TopgunZ is offline   Reply With Quote