View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #31 (permalink)
batman_4
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 PW 370Z
batman_4 has a reputation beyond reputebatman_4 has a reputation beyond reputebatman_4 has a reputation beyond reputebatman_4 has a reputation beyond reputebatman_4 has a reputation beyond reputebatman_4 has a reputation beyond reputebatman_4 has a reputation beyond reputebatman_4 has a reputation beyond reputebatman_4 has a reputation beyond reputebatman_4 has a reputation beyond reputebatman_4 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBoTee View Post
Obviously you have no clue about the new VQ it's better and takes better to mods then the old one. I'm confident it will make more then just 5-6whp w/o tune. GTM's exhaust shows pretty good gains on their dyno sheet not sure if that was tuned or not.
haha, this makes me laugh...really

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Blanket statements (IE, "The new VQ is better and takes better to mods" - you think its going to respond well to ALL mods, equally as well?) aren't good. Technologically this motor isnt that different from the previous - just slightly more displacement. You honestly think its going to pull some magic numbers out of nowhere for simple mods?

GTM's exhaust testing had multiple dynos, and you'd only understand it if you've ever read a dyno graph. Their huge like, 21 WHP gain not only factored in the catback + test pipes, but also some timing adjustments (tuning, kinda). Either way, its NOT just the cat back. Im also skeptical about this specific graph, because its the ONLY one not showing AFR's...did this one have some timing adjustments? According to them, no...but I wanna see those AFR's.

Either way, their baseline dyno, and their cat-back only dyno were 10 DAYS apart! What if the weather was considerably cooler on the cat-back dyno day versus the stock one? Or less humid? Until I see a dyno of a stock catback to aftermarket one within a VERY small time period (couple hours at most), I don't buy dyno-proven too much heh. Oh, btw, their stock exhaust vs. cat-back only exhaust dynos showed a 10 WHP increase. But 10 days apart, that doesn't mean much to me at all.

I don't say their exhaust isnt a good one, by the way. And a small disclaimer, my 5-6 HP was a random shot in the dark, I didnt know how much "power" the 350Z's got off a cat-back only. So who knows, maybe its 10 or so. Either way it isn't much, and its just a piece in the puzzle to a full header-back exhaust that will make a fairly big difference.
agree.

'09 6spd. Touring: Eibach / SPC / Motordyne / Berk / Z1 / Oneighty / Mines / SSR / Stillen / CFE
batman_4 is offline   Reply With Quote