View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 08:35 PM   #1400 (permalink)
RadioFlyer
Base Member

Drives: 08 G37S S/C
RadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond repute

That dyno plot doesn't look too bad. It's dipping rich for sure, but it goes back to normal by 6,500. So your upper range power numbers are there. Do you know how much timing they have in the tune? My guess is that they're still in "safe mode" and just trying to stabilize the AFRs before they start pushing the timing. Now if you're low on boost, then that's a different story.

Back when you ha a healthy tune, and were running 9psi, you were at 418whp? So, so far, you've gained ~17whp on the same amount of boost. I'd consider that in line with the better intercooler and headers. Now if you can figure out how to raise the boost, you should start seeing some healthy gains. If the car has fuel to spare, and is healthy and happy at this 9psi, I'd guess you'd be seeing closer to 500whp at 11-12psi.

The rich dip isn't killing the numbers, it's just too rich in the middle. You might be leaving some 'area under the curve' on the table, but it comes back at the top. Your torque curve stays flat when it goes rich, so it's not choking itself out.
RadioFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote