View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 08:48 AM   #1349 (permalink)
JWillis72
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z yellow 7AT
JWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
Jwillis. Per my alcohol infused conversation last night. This really looks to me like it isn't your belt giving way, but the BPV was. Good thing you put that Bosch back on since you know it will hold boost. This dates back a while when we discussed that but you haven't had a chance to re-dyno with that one.

The bosch valve will not fail at any given boost amount (well within reason). Plastic is actually very strong and there is not enough pressure in the system to cause it any harm. However, where the problem lies is in the size of the valve. It is just too small to get all that air through it so with high boost it simply can not purge the amount of air the supercharger is forcing at it.

You will be fine in the short run with it though.
It's easier to talk to someone when you have been drinking if they have been drinking also! If my math is right I expected my boost to be about 12-12.5 but that was before the long tube headers. I'm guessing the psi will drop to 10-11 with them and I think the Bosh is good to 11 psi so we should be good.

Thanks Evo! I'm just waiting for him to call me and say they are ready then I will go straight there, I'm lucky to have a job that I can work when I want as long as it gets done. The shop doesn't open until 10 and he usually spends the first hour on calls and email. If he hasn't called me by noon- 1pm I will be showing up. It may not be 100% tuned today but hes not leaving that place without me knowing if it's making more boost and I told him that last night!
JWillis72 is offline   Reply With Quote