View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 08:35 PM   #973 (permalink)
Masterbeatty
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the speed limit...
Masterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Nice 2013 was an excellent year for wine apparently - I am aware of quite a few vineyards claiming it was their best crop in several decade (including some serious French Bordeauxs)
The wine maker said it had to do with a dry hot summer. The grapes that year started to grow 2 weeks early and they harvested then a little over 2 weeks early so that had some play in it. Last years vintage was more rich and spicy for a cab franc. But this one was fruity and had some rasberry note to it. But then again it was bottled in nov so it was relatively "young" wine. But it was great and so was the atmosphere. That winery knows my wife and I by first name and always know when we're coming. The owner is very personable too. We already placed our order for when we move to whales vagina this summer so we done miss out on their limited award winning Gewürztraminer they will have ready in July.