View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 05:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
TheMagZ
Premium Member

Drives: 16 Nissan 370z MB M6
TheMagZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
this doesn't make sense to me. Obviously it is a signal input issue, if you input your phone and it played ok, that rules out voltage issues, as well as incorrect input settings at amplifier (possibly) and speaker out connections. the absolute only other thing it can be is that it is not getting a signal through the rcas. did you check the voltage to see if signal was present??

Next question.. was this hooked up and working, and just died, or a new install.

next question... Did you try a DIFFERENT set of rcas from HU to amp?

next question.. Is amplifier gain turned completely down

It sounds like you have done the majority of the troubleshooting necessary. Next step is to remove all pieces from car and do bench testing.

This was a new install. Yea i tried two different sets of RCAs but still nothing...gain is set in the middle. I literally bought a new amp, amp kit and sub to try and still nothing...could it be a bad ground that causes this? Because i'm using the same ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
What are the settings on your amp like? Where is the gain knob at? What is your crossover at? Is your rca's on the head unit plugged into the sub output?

Everything on the amp is how it comes from factory default. Yes, it's plugged into the sub output

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliriousClam View Post
Yeah RCA's are the first thing that come to my mind.

Changed RCAs already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheMagZ is offline   Reply With Quote