View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 05:56 PM   #44 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 370Z BLK 6M
1325 has a spectacular aura about1325 has a spectacular aura about1325 has a spectacular aura about

Tackled this the past two days. My take-aways:
  • Have a reciprocating saw for the center bushing. Thought I could handle it with a manually operated 24T hand saw... yeah, no.
  • It's possible to crack loose nuts and bolts attached to driveshaft and other miscellaneous rear parts without power tools. The downside is that you'll be sore but it's a great work out.
  • Eye pro. I used the wrap-around kind that has foam that won't let any shards in. As said before when you're drilling through the center differential you'll have silicone and metal shavings falling on you.
  • Most difficult/time-consuming process were taking out the old center bushing, installing the new bushing and positioning the differential back into place (OMG).
  • If you got a new differential cover it'll come with a vent pipe with an angle cut end. I used the open side of a 3/4" wrench (turn the wrench sideways and be cautious as to not hit and bend the pipe) and hammered away around the base until it seated flush.
  • If you have the Fast Intentions TDX cat-back exhaust and got the Z1 Motorsports upgraded differential cover the massive fins may be in the way of one or both of the pipes behind the mufflers. Not to the point where the install is impossible (hopefully) but it'll get you worried.

There you have it. The job is mostly time-consuming and not difficult; just absolutely atrociously frustrating.
1325 is offline   Reply With Quote