View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 09:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanNis View Post
- The steering was a bit hard, I wonder if it normal in any sports car/370z ?
- What are the basic checks I can do to ensure that the car is reliable
- what additional maintenance should I buy along with the car

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Santosh
Absolutely normal for a sports car. Enthusiasts typically prefer stiff, responsive steering. And many deliberately choose to stiffen it even further for improved handling and feedback at the autoX and track

Have a qualified mechanic inspect it prior to purchasing. I assume you are not qualified if you are asking what to inspect.

Not sure what you mean by purchasing additional maintenance. Like a warranty? Or are you talking about some shady "dealer special" where you get free oil changes for a year or more (except they don't use the oil weight recommended by the manufacturer )? I bought a 100K mile warranty for peace of mind on unexpected repairs (not through the dealer). But I learned to do all the basic maintenance myself - I never even owned a floor jack or jack stands prior to owning the Z. I don't trust dealers - they are too incompetent.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote