View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 06:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
mdscole
Base Member

Drives: 09 370
mdscole is on a distinguished road
Default Installed!

The install went well. I went slowly and spent probably 30 minutes trying to figure out how to get the car off the ground.

Notes: All the stock nuts are 14mm.

They exhaust nuts are ON THERE. Soaked them in penetrating oil to get them off. 1/2 ratchet to get them off. Last thing I wanted to do was bust a stud off the cat.

The removal was ok. Lube on the rubber mounts helps alot. The best tool was a set of channel locks to pop the rods out of the rubber mounts. It was easier to unbolt the exhaust hanger bracket from the frame for the rear muffler mount on the passenger side. Just as well because the heat shield has to come out for these to fit (standard ARK design)

Install was really easy. Reuse the nuts to the cats for the x pipe.
Hang the mid pipes from the hangers.

Then start bolting it together with the hardware. There were 4 smaller and 4 larger pieces of hardware (and no instructions of course.) You could use either one - but the center section to the Y pipe required the smaller bolts because the bolt hole to the tig weld was too close.

Then simply install the mufflers. Slide the rod into the hanger and line up the flanges.

The tips are not quite perfectly straight....

I tried to bring the left (driver) side up - but wasn't successful.

This is how it sits now:

mdscole is offline   Reply With Quote