Thread: 370z new owner
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 01:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
dwsq
Base Member

Drives: 370z monterey blue
dwsq is on a distinguished road
Default 370z new owner

Actaully owned the car since January 19th, been looking for a place to post and share info about the car. Here is a little of what the last month has been like....
Got the car on a monday, took about 4 hours to get the car, I went from a 99 Yukon to this awesome Z, I did keep the Yukon as my daily driver, where I work I didn't want a new car getting dented by some idiot in a parking lot.

My take on this car, flat out fun to drive, from the moment I test drove it, and yes I did look and drive last years models before getting my 370z in Monterey blue, what sold me was I was sitting in a 350z waiting for the salesman to put the 370z and from across the parking lot I watched it back into a spot and that was it, I got out and bought it.

Driving is nothing short of hammer down, I opted for the Auto, yeah call me lazy but the paddles are cool and my left foot can brace. I average 24 mpg, have hit 140mph in the car and routinely do 90. The coolest thing I think about the car is, you can drive it normal, I have an 05 pathfinder and find myself breaking the speed limit without knowing, with the Z, I have to make an effort to go fast, the gas pedal for me for some reason, gives enough push back, that I can cruise all day at 55mph and be very comfortable.
longest trip yet was 8 hours to Raliegh NC and back and the car was very smooth with the cruise.

Cons. No room for a big hard suitcase, who cares, pack light and bag it I say. The only other con, Yeah I know it's not a supercar, garage queen, or porsche, but to a guy who can afford it, theres nothing wrong with making this your weekend have fun mid life crisis car...and garaging it....

Thanks for a great forum and sorry to be so long winded ask anything you lilke about the car and I will reply, been a great month of ownership, far as insurance I think it ended up costing us 600 a year added on. Far as price I paid, I got the 370z Touring in Monterey blue out the door for 37k. To much, to little, who cares, I got the car I wanted and was the first one in the seven cities area..

Thanks,
D
dwsq is offline   Reply With Quote