Thread: Other Hobbies?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 09:46 AM   #50 (permalink)
Meulen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z 40th
Meulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBatt View Post
The Extra 300 is my favorite plane. Powered by a DLE 111 swinging a 28x10 prop. The plane weighs in at 15lb and has 26lb of static thrust. Vertical climbs are out of site!

Yes, it is a great hobby. I've been flying for around 40 years.

I don't think any of my planes have run in 2 years, at least!! I have Great Planes U-Can-do 3d .46 size I over powered by stuffing a .90 size 4 stroke motor in. The gas ones got to be to much of a production for me though to get out and fly. I was really enjoying launching a foam plane in my backyard and doing tricks with it there last I flew. I'll have to get on the simulator to polish up my skills again though! lol

For those wanting to get into RC planes, I HIGHLY recommend a good simulator as a first purchase.

Crap! I'm getting a foam plane up and running this weekend now! lol