View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 01:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crash
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 02 Corvette Z06
Crash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ Interesting. I don't totally agree with your "turbo shenanigans" description, but I do know what you mean. I DO think it'd cost about the same to make the car 400whp N/A as it would to make it 500whp through FI. BUT, that's because 400 is a HIGH number for a small displacement motor.

Also, I just thought about it, why not bore and stroke? Make the car either a 3.8 or a 3.9 (or if you're crazy, a 4.0) and THEN go for more power. Obviously the 3.8 parts are already around.

I know what you mean about having the power when you want it, but a good turbo setup doesn't have to take forever to spool. In fact, with a lightweight flywheel the turbos spool a bit quicker, and to make the 400-500whp mark, you don't need big turbos, so they'd spool even faster.

Just a thought.