View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 12:09 PM   #43 (permalink)
hooey_b
Base Member

Drives: 2008 G37S 6MT
hooey_b is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguy4756 View Post
Just curious, how exactly would you explain to the service tech that you need everything reprogrammed? Especially when they ask how you got it there and ask for symptoms? Lol.

don't have to. I called my local dealership, $130 flat rate at the request 9f the customer for a reprogramming.

Labor couldn't be too bad to reprogram it? 1-2 hours shop time sounds about right? ( want to be sure to call them out on overpricing, my local dealer sucks. They tried to scare me into a new transmission on my 35 when I went in for a simple transmission flush!)

I may take the lead on this, I have been checking into secondhand ecu prices and really want to get the ball rolling on my tune even though I only have a few bolt ons. FI isn't really in the cards for another year or so but I CAN'T STAND the MASSIVE throttle lag / surge I have been experiencing. Seriously sucks the fun out of this car...
make sure the donor vehicle matches your drivetrain as well. I'm used to it, but I only get the lag up till about 3.4k rpm, so I just hang out in the higher rev range till I get this tune thing sorted out.
hooey_b is offline   Reply With Quote