Thread: Scuffed wheel
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 01:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
ctzn
inquisitive

Drives: G35
ctzn is on a distinguished road
Angry Scuffed wheel

So normally I leave my car parked during the week and take the BART to work in the city, but in the interest of breaking the car in, I have been driving in to my office a few times a week (my office is in downtown San Francisco).

Last week I drove in a few times to take advantage of the nice weather, and on Friday, leaving work, I caught this island, you can see the turn lane I was in between the sidewalk and the island:

I was turning and consequently paying more attention to foot traffic and auto traffic, so I ran up on the last little bit of the island, producing a horrific crunching sound (I honestly thought my front bumper was smashed).

This process scuffed up my wheel and scraped the underside of my front bumper and the underside of the sideskirt (both on the driver side).

you can kind of see the scrapage in this one, and never mind the dirtiness as it has been raining a lot around here

I am trying to think of my options at this point, mostly for the wheels. I was planning on powder coating my stock wheels gunmetal, but I am not so sure I want to dump the money into wheels that are less than perfect. Is there a way to fix a wheel scuff such as this?

I am thinking of keeping the wheels as track wheels, with some sticky rubber on them, and for daily use get a set of 19" CE28N:

Any other suggestions on a fix here?

I know the Pearl White is very difficult to paint match so I may have to ask the dealer I bought it from if I can get a new bumper and sideskirt... or I can just wait until a aftermarket bumper comes out that I like.

I am not sure what to do at this point, or what my options are. Any insight as to what can be done is much appreciated.
ctzn is offline   Reply With Quote