View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 08:25 AM   #6297 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliriousClam View Post
It's the ******* 19mm lower control arm bolt. Blasted the bitches with shitloads of liquid wrench and attacking them again tomorrow.
I'm looking at different impact wrenches now. Not sure if I want to get another pneumatic or to get an electronic one for the convenience. Right now I'm eyeing the Chicago Pneumatic CP7748 or the AIRCAT 1150 . Have any suggestions?
I've got the mid-range Snap-on Air 1/2" drive impact and a Husky 3 hp compressor. The compressor puts out 150 psi at the impact, so there aren't many bolts I can't get loose using that, PB Blaster or some heat.

Not to be a smart ***, but I'm going to presume you are going 'lefty loosey' correct? I would apply some heat via a MAP gas torch and use a breaker bar that is about 3 to 4 feet long. If your breaker is only 2 foot, you don't have as much torque as you would have with a longer bar (longer lever = torque multiplier).

Stuck bolts are frustrating.