View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 11:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
90 ST
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 90 and 15 GMC Sierra
90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ40th View Post
I lurked a little and couldn't find the thread regarding this choice I apologize if this topic has been brought up before, which I'm sure it has. I would t mind being linked in the right direction of course . Thank you!

So here it is. My engine is a couple miles away from hitting 111,500 miles. Along with my power train, transmission, and differential. I recently did a 6 puck XTD clutch kit swap (big mistake I know) and its holding out ok though it's got some squeeking on engagement. I am going to reswap the clutch for sure. However I was wondering about my other components? Would it be Hester to look for a newer engine or just have the one I have rebuilt? What if I restore my engine and bore out some 4.0L pistons? Anyone else do this yet? Results? Recs? Anything and everything helps except for Cristisism that just makes people feel bad and doesn't get anyone anywhere so be kind on this thread haha thanks ahead of time!
Glad to see someone else driving their car, but yeah no need to pull the engine out for an overhaul yet, unless you ARE having problems, burning a lot of oil or looking to do a big power build.