View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 05:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Optimiser
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Nissan 370Z MT
Optimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond repute
Default My first track day

Had my first track day in my fairly track modified 370Z with Driver Dynamics at Sandown last Sunday. There was a fully booked out field of 50 cars divided into 3 groups: beginner, intermediate (me) and experienced.

I did four out of five sessions for the day (low fuel) which used nearly my whole full tank of fuel, 65 litres, in about 80 mins or so, about a litre per 2Km! No crashes or offs and no mechanical issues! Fastest speed I got to was 208Km/h. No brake fade but the front Akebono’s did weep a tiny bit of brake fluid from the bleeder nipples which I have heard about when used heavily.

After the first two rounds, about 20 mins each, I was keeping my own with V8 M3 BMW’s with drivers that have had plenty of track experience.

I was very happy with the day and of course my 370Z and all mods. Will be doing it again. Highly recommend!

Optimiser.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg In pit garage No 31.jpg (699.4 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Cooldown after session.jpg (613.0 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Group 1 lining up to start their run.jpg (712.2 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg Looking at pit exit ramp onto track.jpg (565.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Pit view.jpg (629.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg WRX that drove 11-10th's.jpg (791.4 KB, 41 views)
Optimiser is offline   Reply With Quote