View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 02:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
HBlakeH
Base Member

Drives: '10 Nismo 370z #494
HBlakeH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
Certified Pre Owned doesn't really carry much weight in my opinion. I know it offers the extended warranty, but that is about it and I believe it's limited. The dealer is also covering the cost of the warranty in his price.

If you bank with a credit union, check with them on extended warranties. They are less expensive and more reliable. They can wrap the cost of the warranty into you car loan. I added one to the last two cars that I purchase and was able to get no deductible full coverage to 100k miles for less than half what Nissan wanted. I have not used the coverage on the Z, but my altima had multiple claims over $4k paid out without any hassle or cost to me.

I'm just saying, focus on getting the car you want instead of whether or not it's CPO. Focus more on miles and overall care and condition of the car. I'd even put color ahead of warranty. $30-31K seems like a realistic price point, but you will probably have to negotiate to get it.
Thanks for the info. My family has banked with the same credit union for over 30 years so I'll look in to their offerings.

I do really like this car, I either wanted red, black, or white, but I think black would be annoying to maintain and the only white one I have found has the front license plate bracket installed, which is a deal breaker for me.

I Think I'll offer $29k and see what they say.
(2010 370z Nismo #494 | K&N Typhoon | Fast Intentions Resonated Test Pipes | AAM Short Tails | Kenwood DNX9990HD)
HBlakeH is offline   Reply With Quote