View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 05:40 AM   #30 (permalink)
hooey_b
Base Member

Drives: 2008 G37S 6MT
hooey_b is on a distinguished road

ok, so here's some more details I found out as of last night:

I talked to Tony of Autosports Engineering down in Florida, he's the one who has gotten it to work!

so there are two different ways, depending on how much money you're willing to spend/blow:

1) obtain an ECM of like model and drivetrain, an 09 or 2010, and it's a straight swap out with a reprogramming of the NATS, BCM, and key to get it operational again. You'll need someone with knowledge of and access to the Nissan Consult Diagnostic tool to do the re-programming, or just go to the dealership.

2) if you get something from 2011 or later, you're going to need to swap out the ENTIRE WIRING HARNESS. I'll leave it at that lol.

Big shout out to Tony (Autosports Engineering) for being the one to give the final solution to the problem w/ details, also shout out to Jon P of Z1, Nakia Bramwell, Tobin Sinclaire (Ecutek), and Mike Mixon (bullitt5897) for providing the knowledge/references to help the research. I just dropped $$$ on a bunch of other stuff thinking it would be a while before I found a way for this to work, so it'll be a min (few months) before I get any headway on this stage of the project.
hooey_b is offline   Reply With Quote