View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 09:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ommateal
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z sport 6m
Ommateal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind.zero View Post
The exact same thing happened to me several weeks ago.

2011 Nismo with the JF00D steering lock.

The car would light up but it would not fire. I did not have the SES light but I put a code reader on it anyway, but it wasn't throwing any codes.

I purchased a new steering lock (right at $700) and put everything back together. The car fired on the first start, so I pulled the fuse and learned an expensive lesson. Luckily, mine $hit the bed in the garage.

I filed a report with the NHTSA and called Nissan NA. Nissan called me back and while she listened to me, she said Nissan couldn't reimburse customer fixed repairs. She said I should have taken it to a dealer and paid $1,500 and then ask for a good will reimbursement.

So Fsck you Nissan.
Hmm interesting, Mine was totally screwed, it wouldnt light up or go to ACC or anything. They diagnosed it as Steering lock fail at the dealer, so I said cool i can fix that and took it home. I fixed it and it now tunrs to acc and On... but I still have no fire? Ugh.

Should I drag it back to the Dealer?