View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
GeauxTigers1
Track Member

Drives: 2017 370Z Nismo
GeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Looking to change your '15+ Nismo Wing? NSFW~NSFL~Seriously don't open this.

Hey guys,

So I've had the Amuse wing for a while now and after a few trips to the shop to finish the wing (paint and clear coat) it was time to put on the wing. After about 2 hours of working to get this god damn wing off we gave up and decided to take it to the body shop. I kept reading about people breaking theirs or worse damaging the hatch. So we took it to the body shop. 10 mins later, it's off. And this was the result:

Crap load of 3M glue all the way around the wing, and SEVENTEEN mounting points. WTF?

So what I thought would be an hour job, now turns out the car needs to stay at the shop for a week. The entire bottom row is exposed, both left and right corners (2 holes each) are exposed, and the middle hole just above the brake light is half way exposed when fitting the Amuse Vestito Wing on. Sweet. So they are going to seal every hole, then paint the entire hatch, do some touchup on the wing (the first shop still didn't have it perfect) and install the gurney flap for $1000. Not too bad considering all the work involved and the pearl white, but this is what you are getting into if you want it done right. CyCy has a fix too that looks like some legit really nice grommets you can use to fill if you want to reach out to him on where he got those. Will post pics when she's on!
Fast Intentions Kit Stage 2 #076 2017 Twin Turbo 370z Nismo. JMS Built Block, Closed Deck 874whp, 803lbs Tq e85 Ecutek Tune
GeauxTigers1 is offline   Reply With Quote