View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 07:56 AM   #1244 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. Right now I think I am the only one who has gotten this to work out good. So good in fact that I am searching forums for a good used V1 Ti or Si trim head unit. Those can be taken to higher RPM's, you can use COGs safely on them, and they max out at 26psi vs. the 22psi mine is rated for. I wouldn't be doing that if I felt my setup was not adequate. My intake temps are barely above ambient.

Now hearing its still going to be w2a is a bit disappointing. So I'm guessing the only redesign they will do is move those MAF's post blower. Which still kind of sucks. The MAF's will now read ultra hot temps since the intercooler will be after the mafs themselves. So the car will still not be able to understand how to advance or retard timing. Plus that tiny aftercooler sucks ballz. It would be safer to run higher boost, but power wise it is still going to be on the bottom of the barrel. Sure, someone might get on the dyno and rip a near 500whp pull, but that is a dyno queen world, not the real world. Once heat soak takes hold on the street, which will happen quickly, then that thing will lose hp like crazy.