View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 05:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
FNR32
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370Z
FNR32 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed0157 View Post
Hi
My new baby Z is not even 20 day's old and I got rear ended this morning I am ok just sore due to the hit but I am really mad and sad right now.
Do any off you have any guidance or inputs on diminished value claims? I know the car will get a hit on value and I don't want the insurance company to take take advantage of me.

Thank you all in advance!
Each company has a slightly different process, but it looks like you're in Georgia and the standard is the 17c formula. The amount of diminished value is going to depend on the actual extent of the damages. There is no way to know for sure until all the damage is uncovered and the vehicle has been repaired. Also, the quality of the repairs come into play here. You need to be very picky about who repairs your car. With a hit like that, you've got more than rear bumper damage. You've likely got some rear body panel damage and possible floor damage. No way to be certain until they take it all apart and expose it. Do some research and choose a shop that will do top quality work on both the repairs and the painting. I've spent years working in this industry – happy to help you in any way that I can.
FNR32 is offline   Reply With Quote