View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 05:34 PM   #40 (permalink)
RadioFlyer
Base Member

Drives: 08 G37S S/C
RadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond repute

A couple things that come to mind are:

1) You probably want to attach the rear diffuser REALLY well or it will just get pulled right off. Overbuild the attachment points like you wouldn't believe. A lot of rear diffusers are only there for cosmetics, or as a cover to smooth the underside of the rear of the car. But with your design, you're hanging it as a wing, so really make sure it's securely mounted.

2) If you clam-shell the whole bottom of the car, you'll have to make sure you have enough room for hot air to leave the engine compartment. A vented hood might do it, depending on the vents, otherwise you might want to look at venting the front fenders. I suspect the factory aero blows the hot air under the car at the firewall, and you'll be blocking all that off. So with less throughput through all your coolers, they will be less efficient.

3) Don't forget you need to be able to get air to the brakes. There isn't much from the factory, but when you really streamilne the evacuation of the air under the car, ducts are a necessity. Make sure you have room for them under the clam-shell.

These are pretty rudimentary points that you probably already considered, but that's what's popping up in my mind when I see this. But great work so far! Can't wait to see how it turns out!
RadioFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote